Pumpkin Spice Latte
Enter any Starbucks coffee shop these days and you’ll find Pumpkin Spice Latte on the menu. It’s a favourite fall treat tha can pack over 400 calories and 50 grams of sugar in a 16 oz grande. Here’s a version that’s just as delicious and much healthier at only 120 calories and 19 grams of sugar.
- 1/2 cup organic coffee
- 2 tablespoons pureed pumpkin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Brew your coffee and set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, stir the pumpkin, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until combined. Slowly whisk in almond milk. Bring mixture to a low simmer, stirring occasionally and remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Transfer milk mixture to a blender and pulse several times until foamy and frothy. (You can also use a hand-held immersion blender instead.)
- Add milk mixture to your hot coffee. You may want to use a spoon to gently hold back the frothy top layer while pouring. Top your latte with this remaining froth.
- Top with a dollop of homemade organic whipped cream or coconut whipped cream (optional) and sprinkle with additional pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!