I absolutely love all things pumpkin and this Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal is no exception. I had a friend visitng from British Columbia this week and I decided to whip this up for breakfast. She thought I should open up a Bed & Breakfast, she enjoyed it so much.
- 2 cups Pureed Pumpkin
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 1/2 cup Oats (Rolled or Steel Cut)
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a baking dish with a little coconut oil. (Use a 9 x 13 inch dish for 6 servings.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, baking powder, salt and milk until smooth. Stir the oats and ground flax into the pumpkin mixture. Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle pumpkin seeds over top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until the centre feels set and the edges are slightly golden. Serves 6.
Serve warm with a dollop of coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt.