- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 apples (I used Cortland), peeled & thinly sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
- Whisk the milk, eggs, maple syrup and vanilla, in a medium bowl.
- Add the flour to the mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Lightly grease sides of 9×13 glass dish with butter and pour melted butter in dish.
- Place the apple slices over the butter and bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter over the apples and and sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until puffy and lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving. Serve with plain yogurt and extra maple syrup if desired.
recipe adapted from geniuskitchen.com