This Green Goodness Smoothie makes a great start to your day and also works wonders as an afternoon “pick-me-up.” The plant based protein and good fat will help to keep your energy level up. And the spinach and kale are a good source of detoxifying chlorophyll and fiber.
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1/2 cup organic kale, stems removed
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 small banana, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup of frozen fruit (pineapple, mango, strawberries…. any work!)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds (sometimes called “hemp hearts”)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup filtered water, almond milk or hemp milk
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender (Vitamix and Blentec work great). Blend until smooth, adding extra filtered water for desired consistency. Makes 1 or 2 smoothies. Enjoy!
Recipe inspired from Joyous Health: Eat and Live Well Without Dieting