Who doesn’t love a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup on a cold winter day? I had some leftover chicken from my slow cooker roast chicken (find that recipe under entree), so I decided to put it to good use. You can’t get a much easier soup recipe than this one. I just threw everything into the slow cooker, and let it cook on low all day. So easy, but so delicious!
- leftover roast chicken, cut up (I threw in about 3 cups)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced finely
- 2 900mL cartons of organic chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash original seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot chilli sauce (optional)
- 1 cup gluten free pasta shells or your favourite type of pasta
1. Now for the really hard part ….. put everything into the crockpot except for the pasta shells. Give it a good stir. Turn it to low and go enjoy your day.
2. Come back to the pot 5-10 hours later, toss in the pasta and set your timer for 15 minutes.