Apples, pears and cranberries make a great combination in this healthy fruit crisp. It makes a flavourful fall dessert and it’s also healthy enough to enjoy for breakfast!
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and sliced (I used Macintosh)
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and sliced (I used Bartlett)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- maple syrup (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine apples, pears and cranberries.
2. Pour apple cider over fruit and sprinkle with cinnamon. Toss gently to combine well. Put fruit mixture into a casserole dish.
3. In a medium bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, nutmeg and coconut sugar. Stir well. Pour melted coconut oil evenly over the oat mixture and stir to combine.
4. Place oat mixture over the fruit and drizzle with maple syrup.
5. Bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes and serve warm.
Mix some chopped walnuts in with the oatmeal topping to give it an extra crunch.