This 2 ingredient soup is a breeze to prepare and tastes wonderful. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of carotenes and a very good source of vitamins C and B6. They also contain unique root storage proteins which have been shown to exert significant antioxidant effects. And unlike many other starchy vegetables, sweet potatoes are classified as an “anti-diabetic” food. Studies have shown that sweet potatoes actually help stabilize blood sugar levels and improve the response to the hormone insulin.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 2 cups coconut milk (use full fat for a creamy consistency)
- water to cover
- sea salt
1. Peel sweet potatoes and cut into chunks. Place in pot, cover with water and boil until tender.
2. Puree the sweet potatoes in a food processor or high speed blender and add coconut milk.
3. Add reserved water to achieve desired consistency.
4. Season with salt.
5. Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with sesame seeds or hemp hearts.
This soup freezes well.
Thank you Alexi Bracey for sharing this recipe with our culinary class.