My family loves freshly baked homemade muffins, and I love finding healthy muffin recipes. This recipe from Marni Wasserman, is not only healthy, vegan and gluten free, but it is also moist and flavourful.
- 2 cups of your favourite gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup your favourite milk (try almond or rice milk to keep it vegan)
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs or chocolate chips*
*in place of cacao nibs or chocolate chips, you could also use blueberries or chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F and combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold in slowly until there are no clumps remaining.
3. Fold in chocolate chips, cacao nibs, nuts or berries. (I used raw caco nibs)
4. Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full and bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.