Did I mention that I LOVE pumpkin? This granola is easy to make, super healthy and perfect for adding to yogurt, oatmeal, or enjoying as is. It also makes a great gift idea.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice (or make your own using 1/2 tsp. cinnamon, 1/4 tsp. ground ginger, 1/8 tsp. allspice, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Mix the oats, nuts, seeds, spices, sugar, and salt together in a large bowl.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the coconut oil, maple syrup and pumpkin puree and whisk. Pour over the dry ingredients and quickly mix with a wooden spoon.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Once the granola is golden brown, remove from oven and let cool completely. It will crisp up as it cools.
6. Add 1 cup of dried cranberries if desired. Transfer to an airtight container. Serve over yogurt, berries or oatmeal, or simply enjoy a small bowl with your favourite milk.