These pumpkin spice cookies have the texture of a muffin and all the flavour of pumpkin pie. Gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free, they make a healthy treat for the holidays.
- 1 cup of gluten free flour (I used Better Batter)
- 1.5 cups of gluten free rolled oats (I used Bob Mills)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Whisk the wet until well mixed and add wet to dry, being careful not to over mix.
- Spoon onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-18 minutes. Makes about 30 cookies.
Here is my latest cookie creation. I had some sunflower seeds left over from making Sunflower Coconut Bliss Balls and I was looking for a new way to use these nutrient dense seeds. I love adding them to salads, yogurt, oatmeal, granola and smoothies, and now I’ve discovered they make a great addition to oatmeal raisin cookies. Continue reading