1 1/3 cup oat flour (grind oats in blender to make flour)
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 1 /4 unsweetened almond milk
1 large egg
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup blueberries
1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
2. Whisk milk, egg, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add banana and mash with ingredients.
3. Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and combine. Add blueberries and stir to combine.
4. Lightly grease a non stick pan with organic butter or coconut oil over medium heat. When pan is hot, use 1/4 cup to pour batter into pan.
5. Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook on other side until lightly browned.
In place of banana, 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce works well.
Replace almond milk with full fat coconut milk for extra fluffy pancakes.
Recipe adapted from Samantha Gladish at www.holisticwellness.ca
Photo credit Samantha Gladish
Wild blueberries are bursting with flavour and filled with nutrients. These blueberry muffins are gluten free, nut free and refined sugar free.
1 cup GF rolled oats (not instant)
1 cup of your favourite gluten free flour
1 tablespoon ground flax seed
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375F and combine oats, flour, flax seed, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
2. Combine bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup and orange juice in a separate bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and gently combine.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Fill paper lined muffin tins 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 muffins.
This blueberry cobbler is so healthy, you may want to enjoy it for breakfast!
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup cooked quinoa
1/2 cup quinoa flour or almond flour
1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup ground flax
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a casserole dish with coconut oil.
2. Combine all ingredients, except the berries, in a large mixing bowl.
3. Pour the berries into your baking dish, then spread the quinoa/oat mixture evenly over the top.
4. Bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until lightly browned/crispy on the top.
5. Serve warm with a dollop of Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt.