If you like omelettes, you are sure to like these egg muffins. They are very easy to whip up and you can add in whatever ingredients you like. I just happened to use what I had on hand, but I make them different every time. They taste best warm and any leftovers can be refrigerated or frozen. Just pop them in the oven for a few minutes to reheat, and you have a tasty breakfast for busy week day mornings. They also make a great snack.
- 12 organic, free-range eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers (I happened to use yellow & red because that’s what I had in my fridge, but use whatever you like)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Other Ingredients that I have used before:
- diced tomato
- anything you like to throw in an omelette!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease 12 muffin tins with butter, coconut oil or olive oil. Make sure to grease them well, or as I have learned from personal experience, your egg muffins will stick to the bottom of the muffin tin!
2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs really well. Add in salt and pepper to taste.
3. Next stir in whatever ingredients you like best in an omelette, or simply use up ingredients you have on hand. You can’t really mess these up.
4. Spoon egg muffin mixture into greased muffin tins.
5. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle, comes out dry.
Play around with different ingredients and have some healthy fun!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.