Herbed chicken in a sweet Marsala and mushroom sauce is a simple recipe to quickly prepare on a week night, but simply delicious enough to serve for weekend guests. Sometimes things just taste better with wine!
- 1/4 cup of your favourite flour for coating
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness with a meat mallet
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
1. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, salt, pepper and oregano. Coat chicken pieces in flour mixture.
2. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Place chicken in the pan, and lightly brown. Turn chicken over and add mushrooms. Pour in wine and sherry. Cover skillet and simmer chicken for about 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and the juices run clear.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.